The bathroom in your home is a place more densely populated with bacteria than you might possibly imagine. So keeping your bathroom in a clean state at any time is vital for a healthy life. Deep cleaning the place every once in a while might be a good way to start.
You can either search online for a professional cleaning contractor who can perform a deep cleaning in your bathroom or you can just carry out the job on your own. Both strategies have their pros and cons.
The professional cleaners
A cleaning contractor operates in a quick and a hassle free manner. You can rest assured that the job is going to be carried out properly. What is more you will save a lot of time and energy, because it won’t be you who is doing your bathroom’s deep cleaning. The drawback of hiring professional cleaners in obvious – their services cost money. If your budget is tight right now you might like to go for the other option.
Deep cleaning your bathroom on your own
This approach will save you quite a bit of money, but it requires patience and dedication, not to mention time and energy in order to be completed properly. You should be prepared to face a lot of challenges. Listed below are several tips that will definitely help you do the job easier and more hassle-free.
- Start off with the shower. Use some white vinegar in a strong plastic bag. Tie the bag around the shower head and let it soak for one night – this will kill any bacteria there. Spin the shower curtain in the washing machine. In order to make your job easier next time wipe any condensation on the walls around the shower next time you are taking a bath. Also leave the window open.
- Wash the grout with a brush that has been soaked in ordinary bleach. You can think about resealing the grout twice a year to prevent moisture from building in there.
- Most of the area surface in your bathroom consists of the walls, ceiling and the floor. Spray them with an all-purpose cleaner and clean them thoroughly using the shower. Use hot water and let steam fill the bathroom. Shut the door and leave it that way for around 20 minutes. After that time is passed, wipe everything dry with an ordinary cloth.
- The toilet is best cleaned by pouring a cup of baking soda in it. After it stays for a few minutes, flush and thoroughly clean the whole surface of the toilet. Any hard stains will be removed in that way. Do not forget to sanitize the toilet brush too.
- Treat the sink with white vinegar and baking soda. Pour them into the drain and proceed by flushing with hot water. The faucet is best cleaned with disinfecting wipes because in contrast to the traditional cloth they will kill of any bacteria that are on the surface.
Posted in: Uncategorized |